Twelve Sky – CB started

Home/Closed Beta Discussion/Twelve Sky – CB started
Twelve Sky – CB started 2007-09-21T15:37:00+00:00

Home Page Forums Closed Beta Discussion Twelve Sky – CB started

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #28157 |

(Twelve Sky – CB Signup started)

Twelve Sky Closed Beta has Begun!

September 18, 2007

Twelve Sky has launched its closed beta today with a very small selection of players to help us ensure there are no major issues with the game. We will be ramping up very quickly though, so if you have not yet received an invite to closed beta, do not fret! We will continue to send many more beta invites over the course of this week and next. If you have not yet dont so already, Sign Up for Beta!

While you wait for your invite into beta, please be sure to check out the Twelve Sky forums to find out more information, and feel free to download the beta client in advance.

Please Note: If you receive a Twelve Sky beta invite email, you must first sign in to the Aeria Games website to finish activating your account before you can begin playing.

The above is taken from the 12 Sky website; http://12-sky.aeriagames.com/node/56

Yup! The testing has begun. The client download is 785MB wide and about 1/8″ deep, and there's one tiny hardly noticeable update on first run.

I have yet to get invited to the testing, so I guess I'll be racing PT and Flyff-ing a bit while lurking in the shadows when my gf tries out 12 Sky for both of us.

A few notes:
    – The game contains blood'n'gore, so you have to be 17+ to play.
    – Upon signup they ask if you like PvP. No need to lie about it to get invited. Som people answering No has already gotten invited while some answering Yes has not.
    – Invitations seem to be sent out on a day-to-day basis (or close to it), as my gf got the invitation on the second day of CB. If you have signed up and not gotten invited yet there's still hope (which I'm hanging on to like a box of chocolate. mmmm… chocolate).

Some info about the in-game factions (taken from the website's game guide at http://12-sky.aeriagames.com/guide/faction):

Factions

There are three martial arts factions, namely the Guanyin, the Fujin, and the Jinong. These factions are constantly in conflict. A player must choose among the three factions when creating a character so he or she can participate in bloody battles against other factions. Since the game is centered on battles among the factions, you cannot create a character of different faction unless you erase all the characters!

1) Guanyin

The Guanyin is a well balanced clan. Noble in heart, they are often underestimated by those who think they do not have the will to be devastating fighters. However, they're the most well balanced fighters when compared to the other factions. Proficient in all weapons, The Guanyin are just as well suited with a blade as they are with using their fists.

2) Fujin

The Fujin is the master of the double-edged swords. While they have the lowest defense, health, and chi when compared to other factions, they can wear the most powerful armor. They are also the fastest among the three factions, making them very desirable.

3) Jinong

The Jinong is by far the strongest of all the factions. Their damage increases dramatically according to strength, and the difference becomes huge as the characters level up.

In terms of stats alone, they are the most powerful characters. However, while they have the advantage over other characters of different factions, their items are somewhat inferior to those worn by characters of other factions.

While mighty as the ox, the Jinong is slow of foot when it comes to running. To supplement this drawback, the Jinong actually has a special form of martial arts that increases their speed.

bravebrain

Follow-up thread from http://forum.mmoabc.com/topicview?forumId=60&topicId=381 (Twelve Sky – CB Signup started)

September 18, 2007

Twelve Sky has launched its closed beta today with a very small selection of players to help us ensure there are no major issues with the game. We will be ramping up very quickly though, so if you have not yet received an invite to closed beta, do not fret! We will continue to send many more beta invites over the course of this week and next. If you have not yet dont so already, Sign Up for Beta!

While you wait for your invite into beta, please be sure to check out the Twelve Sky forums to find out more information, and feel free to download the beta client in advance.

Please Note: If you receive a Twelve Sky beta invite email, you must first sign in to the Aeria Games website to finish activating your account before you can begin playing.

The above is taken from the 12 Sky website; http://12-sky.aeriagames.com/node/56

Yup! The testing has begun. The client download is 785MB wide and about 1/8″ deep, and there's one tiny hardly noticeable update on first run.

I have yet to get invited to the testing, so I guess I'll be racing PT and Flyff-ing a bit while lurking in the shadows when my gf tries out 12 Sky for both of us.

A few notes:
    – The game contains blood'n'gore, so you have to be 17+ to play.
    – Upon signup they ask if you like PvP. No need to lie about it to get invited. Some people answering No have already gotten invited while some answering Yes have not.
    – Invitations seem to be sent out on a daily basis (or close to it), as my gf got the invitation on the second day of CB. If you have signed up and not gotten invited yet there's still hope (which I'm hanging on to like a box of chocolate. mmmm… chocolate).

Some info about the in-game factions can be found at http://12-sky.aeriagames.com/guide/faction (12Sky's Game Guide):

Edit: Typo patch installed…

bravebrain

RED HOT UPDATE!!!
    Well, not for most of you, but at least for me :P

Captain's Log, today's star date @ 5:41 pm Eastern Time:
    A message pod suddenly appeared in the inbox chamber exactly 3 hours ago, telling me that I'm officially invited to the closed beta.
    This greatly increases my believes in my previously mentioned theory about such invitations being transmitted on a daily basis.
    Celebrating the invitation will be limited to forming a cautious but precise “Yay!” with my voice, instantly followed by chewing on a Snickers while installing the client.

knockout

Let us know how the game goes!

bravebrain

Looks ok for now, although I can't say much atm as my highest char is lvl 18.
    There's a 2xEXP and 4xDROP going on, so I've gotten a few uniques and rares. The unique and rare drop rates seems to be affected by your luck though, which comes from extra stats on clothes and other wearables. Which make me tend to prioritize luck to defense and dodge ^^

For others in the CB, my chars are:
    – Sceptro, which is the char I use when playing with my gf, Sceptra (Scepter class)
    – Jinwang (Spear)
    – Darkhad (Blade)

Note!
    All invites for this week has been sent, but they also mention that all those that registered for the beta has been invited, so chances are good if you register now. Next batch of invites are sent on Monday.

Forums are open for all who wants a peak
    http://forums.aeriagames.com/index.php?f=46

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar