bravebrainMemberNovember 26, 2007 at 8:41 pmPost count: 78
Yet another closed beta from Aeriagames is starting up in a few days.
The game has been going live in Korea for about 2 years now, and from the original website about all I can understand is that they're now on Episode 3.
I know there are some of you that will be able to understand some more of the info on that site, so here's the link: http://www.shaiya.com/
The Shaiya website can be found at http://shaiya.aeriagames.com/ and you can get directly to the cb registration page by clicking the banner above (note that this game is rated 18+).
Read about the game and get some tips from this interview with Producer Eron Garcia and Localization Lead Scott Sizemore:
The introduction from AeriaGames' information page @ http://shaiya.aeriagames.com/info/intro follows at the end of this post, but first I'd like to point one of the unique features; Game Modes (note especially the text I highlighted in red):
Creating Your First Character
When creating your character, you will need to select the Name, Class, Sex, Job (a.k.a profession for the character), and appearance for your character. You will now also have to choose the Mode for your gameplay experience. The modes are as followed:
- Easy – This mode should only be played by those who have no experience playing MMORPGs. Level cap is 30, experience gain is 2x, and no special skills are available.
- Normal – This mode is for players who have some experiences with MMORPGs. Players must reach level 50 in Normal mode before Hard mode will be made available.
- Hard – Level requirements are much harder in this mode, but Status and Skill Bonuses are increased. Players who reach level 50 in Hard mode will unlock Ultimate mode.
- Ultimate – Level requirements are the same as in Hard mode, but Status and Skill bonuses are increased and players can use exclusive items, skills and bonuses only available to Ultimate characters. WARNING!!! Characters who die in Ultimate mode will be deleted. This mode is only for those players looking for the Ultimate experience.
In the ancient times, there were the Goddesses and the three races they created: the Dragons, the Orcs, and the Dumianas.
In jealousy and fear that the Goddesses favored the Orcs and the Dragons over the Dumianas, the Dumianas killed one of the Goddesses.
The death of the Goddess left Teos out of balance and a region unprotected.
Other Gods sought to take over Teos and created monsters to invade and destroy. The Nordein (Death Eaters) were created to help protect Teos from the monsters.
When the dust settled, there were two new Goddesses overseeing Teos.
The Dragons hid themselves from the world. The Orcs, driven nearly mad from the years of conflict, reverted back to a feral state. The remaining Dumianas were split into two factions; one for each Goddess.
These two races, the Elves and the Vail, find themselves in constant conflict with each other. Age old tensions fuel their aggression. Soon after, the Humans joined forces with the Elves while the Nordein allied with the Vail creating two factions: The Alliance of Light and the Union of Fury. Not only battling the monsters that still roam the lands, these two sides wage a never ending war over the control of Teos.
Some of the features you can look forward to seeing in Shaiya:
butterflybhMemberNovember 27, 2007 at 12:42 pmPost count: 45
- 1500 vs 1500 – The ultimate Realm vs. Realm combat.
- Bootleggery – Sell items to the opposing faction in the secret warehouse.
- Challenges – Sick of someone's trash talk? Request a battle with a member of your own realm.
- Arena Fights – Enter the grand arena and take your fight to a new level.
- Goddess Blessing – Crushing the enemy doesn't just feel good, but it helps your side.
- Guild Events – Guild vs. Guild combat, Guild vs. Monster combat, and the upcoming Willows Trial!
- Quests, Mounts, Executions, Boss Fights, Dungeons, Demons, Dragons, and more…
It looks cool,, I'll give it a try ..bravebrainMemberDecember 7, 2007 at 2:02 amPost count: 78
After playing RF Online I must say it was nice to try out the way they've made the pvp part in Shaiya.
There are borderlands for various level groups where any race/class has a fair chance of getting kills. You don't need to gang up on someone to kill them and with some tactics and good choices regarding build/skills a lvl 10 can manage to kill a lvl 15. The lowest level borderland is level 1-15, so you don't have to get really high to start trying out pvp and build your pvp ranking.
Also, since you pretty early need to choose which skills to level up it helps creating a variety between similar class players. It's not a game where level is all that matters
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.