New Diablo III Character Class: The Wizard

Home/Other Games Discussion/New Diablo III Character Class: The Wizard
New Diablo III Character Class: The Wizard 2008-10-10T19:36:00+00:00

Home Page Forums Other Games Discussion New Diablo III Character Class: The Wizard

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    #30542 |

Today, Blizzard announced a new class for its highly anticipated RPG Diablo III.

“Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today offered the public the first-ever opportunity to play an early version of its highly anticipated action-role-playing game, Diablo III. Players at the BlizzCon 2008 gaming convention in Anaheim, California, adventured alongside fellow attendees, fighting the hordes of the Burning Hells in one of the game’s early dungeons. “Until now, no one outside the company has been able to play Diablo III — we’re excited to offer the first such opportunity to the gamers here at BlizzCon,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We’re working hard to make sure Diablo III lives up to the high standards of the first two games in the series, and we look forward to hearing what players think.”

During the show, Blizzard Entertainment also unveiled the game’s third playable class: the wizard. A wielder of the elements and a master manipulator of time, the wizard can hurl environment-shattering lightning bolts, channel explosive arcane energies, and create pockets of space outside the normal temporal flow. BlizzCon attendees were able to adventure as either the wizard or the previously unveiled barbarian or witch doctor, battling alone or with up to three other players through the catacombs beneath Tristram Cathedral to a final showdown with the Skeleton King. First announced at the Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational in June 2008, Diablo III picks up twenty years after the events of Diablo II, as a fiery omen from the sky heralds the return of dark forces to the mortal realm. Players will take on the role of one of five champions, collecting powerful spells, abilities, and items as they clash with twisted demons and explore the dark corners of the world of (more) Sanctuary. Diablo III will feature unique random scripted quests, destructible environments, and cooperative and competitive play online through an upgraded version of Blizzard Entertainment’s Battle.net gaming service. “

LINK

vgenforcer

Today, Blizzard announced a new class for its highly anticipated RPG Diablo III.

“Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today offered the public the first-ever opportunity to play an early version of its highly anticipated action-role-playing game, Diablo III. Players at the BlizzCon 2008 gaming convention in Anaheim, California, adventured alongside fellow attendees, fighting the hordes of the Burning Hells in one of the game’s early dungeons. “Until now, no one outside the company has been able to play Diablo III — we’re excited to offer the first such opportunity to the gamers here at BlizzCon,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We’re working hard to make sure Diablo III lives up to the high standards of the first two games in the series, and we look forward to hearing what players think.”

During the show, Blizzard Entertainment also unveiled the game’s third playable class: the wizard. A wielder of the elements and a master manipulator of time, the wizard can hurl environment-shattering lightning bolts, channel explosive arcane energies, and create pockets of space outside the normal temporal flow. BlizzCon attendees were able to adventure as either the wizard or the previously unveiled barbarian or witch doctor, battling alone or with up to three other players through the catacombs beneath Tristram Cathedral to a final showdown with the Skeleton King. First announced at the Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational in June 2008, Diablo III picks up twenty years after the events of Diablo II, as a fiery omen from the sky heralds the return of dark forces to the mortal realm. Players will take on the role of one of five champions, collecting powerful spells, abilities, and items as they clash with twisted demons and explore the dark corners of the world of (more) Sanctuary. Diablo III will feature unique random scripted quests, destructible environments, and cooperative and competitive play online through an upgraded version of Blizzard Entertainment’s Battle.net gaming service. “

LINK

Anonymous

wow i didnt test that game for i know there is no wizzard character there omg now thre is wooooooooooooot, i really like to play wizzard in every game that i play. im gonna figure it out if it is fun

alexalekhine

magic types are generally are harder to play since they posses low vitality and strength, though they have stronger attacks compared to other classes, the fact remains that playing a game like diablo 3 is harder when you use sorceress and so much easier to play with barbarians or strength type characters. its a challenge to play with such magic types.

nik88

Thats not always true Alex. There was a time in Diablo 2 when Ice Sorcs were the hardest things to kill. It didn’t matter that they had lower vitality, they could spam click their Ice Orbs and level everything, and once that got nerfed, Fire Sorcs were the badass ones. It always seems like even though they have lower vitality and defense, they have plenty of magic attacks that make up for it and level the playing field.

alexalekhine

Yup, I agree with you on that nick. But I guess, its kinda hard finishing the game by normal play with magic type characters. Guys! Diablo 3 is going to be released this January. Have you guys pre-ordered yet? I got lots of friends preordering and having additional Diablo 3 goodies for it.

nik88

AlexAlekhine wrote:

Yup, I agree with you on that nick. But I guess, its kinda hard finishing the game by normal play with magic type characters. Guys! Diablo 3 is going to be released this January. Have you guys pre-ordered yet? I got lots of friends preordering and having additional Diablo 3 goodies for it.

Where did you hear it was going to be released in January? There isn’t even a page for it yet on EB Games to pre-order it if I wanted to, not to mention there are only 3 classes released so far, no betas have been done, and I haven’t heard even a rumor of a release date from Blizzard. I’m guessing it’s pretty safe to say it will be another year or two before we even hear of a release date. Blizzard has amazing quality games, but they are by far the worst at pushing a games release back 4 or 5 times before they finally release.

tinapaner

as of now.. 2 worlds in diablo has been completed.. and there are 9 worlds in the game, so 7 worlds left.. meaning wait till 2010 lol ^^;

icaughtfire

So the development of Diablo is still far too long to wait. Might as well play a different game today then play Diablo when it’s released.

superstargamer024

thats awesome.. but i will play a sword orient warrior

xiaomozi

Looking pair of beautiful high heels,christian louboutin outlet sale his 13-year-old obsession, as if the first time that the original shoes can be so beautiful.At that time Paris is in a period of economic recovery with one of dissipation, peacefulness of the scene, christian louboutin President could not withstand the temptation of fast-paced world, often to Paris nightclub The Palace was the most famous play, when he was only 14 years old. Here he recognized what is fashionable, but also to his stage performances and dancers of the growing enthusiasm and, indeed, dropped out of school day, soak in a nightclub, while to do some chores, while for design development, and shoes was his breakthrough. "For those dancing girls, shoes are the most important, both to be comfortable, but also very beautiful, sexy, make it one noticed. I was thinking is very simple to make these girls put on my produced, a pair of foot than their more comfortable, beautiful shoes. "16 years old, christian louboutin men , Mr. produced the first pair of shoes life, although the market everywhere, but those dancers did not believe him, thwarted at every turn, he realized that he must undergo professional training. Thus, in 1981, at a friend’s referral, he first apprenticed in the Follies Bergeres, has quite a reputation at the time the brand Charles Jourdan christian louboutin shoes technology where the system to learn and improve on their shortcomings in the process. Talent + creativity + self-confidence, christian louboutin sandals , Mr. soon emerge in the industry. But then, he has not created its own brand of ideas, but also reluctant to join any group, the identity of free workers has in Chanel, YSL to be independent of the shoemaker.In 1988, Christian Louboutin, said a friend of Mr. moving, adding Dior’s legendary company specializing in the production of shoes Roger Vivier, through the master’s instructions, his shoe flew a high degree of skill and soon a household name.

ibn-sina

He’s as old as the hills)

johnnype

Interesting.

Maybe I should try it out after all. 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar