Home Page Forums Off-Topic Discussion MMA/UFC MMO?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    #29102 |

Nothing but abbreviations in the title, I bet anyone who doesn't follow MMA or UFC has no idea what the heck the title means LOL. Anyway, with the increasing popularity of MMA(mixed martial arts), I wouldn't be surprised if there is or some plans for developing an MMO game based on MMA. It would be pretty interesting and I wonder how it would work.

orako

I would love that. Although, I don't see how a fighting sim would work. It would seem to be more of a single player console game than an MMO which would then be some generic fighter with a brand name. It would be cool if it was developed though, and worked.

michael

Yeah. There is one mmo out there which i cant recall the name. It is the closest to a fighting game which focuses on mmo aspect. It's an asian mmo fighting game.

UFC 2009 looks totally awesome.

orako

I have only see MMOs like WOW Archlord and like silkroad. I never knew of fighting mmos. Is it fun?

Yeah 09 looks good.

michael

That one fighting mmo game I mentioned looks alright. It's in 2D I believe. I remember how it looks like but I can't remember the name lol. It'll come back to me sooner or later.

michael

Here we go, it's called KwonHo: The Fist of Heroes. It is not exactly an mmo but an online multiplayer game.

orako

That looks pretty good, if it's still around I might give it a go.

michael

I think it's still in closed beta right now.

nik88

I think an MMA MMO, would be sweet, you could have it be an open environment much like most other mmo's and you could approach other fighters in the environment and of course you could trade, chat, whisper whatever with them, but there could be like a “Challenge Button” and then you would both agree on a time and place and you would have that many days to train. And to 'level' up there could be fight promoters that would have a list of NPC's for you to fight and gain exp and better equipment as well. Each person could have their own gym, so the people that fight more will have better training equipment. You could limit the number and times a day they can train so people don't just sit there and crank it out all day, but through certain means they could maybe increase the number of training sessions. I think that would be sweet, i would definitely play it.

michael

Nik wrote:

I think an MMA MMO, would be sweet, you could have it be an open environment much like most other mmo's and you could approach other fighters in the environment and of course you could trade, chat, whisper whatever with them, but there could be like a “Challenge Button” and then you would both agree on a time and place and you would have that many days to train. And to 'level' up there could be fight promoters that would have a list of NPC's for you to fight and gain exp and better equipment as well. Each person could have their own gym, so the people that fight more will have better training equipment. You could limit the number and times a day they can train so people don't just sit there and crank it out all day, but through certain means they could maybe increase the number of training sessions. I think that would be sweet, i would definitely play it.

Yeah, exaxtly! Those are good points.

mmatycoon

Hi. I was just doing some SEO work and came across this thread. I’ve made an MMA MMO, which you can find at http://www.mmatycoon.com

Just going on a bit of a recruitment drive for new members at the moment so hope to see a few of you guys join up :)

Any admins – I have an affiliate program so you are welcome to change this link to a referral URL if any of you sign up.

harry_wat

omg i just missed playing Tekken while viewing this one. oh yeah imma try it ryt now. thanks dude!

nexusx

I don’t know if anyone here played WWF With Authority, but I’ve thought for years that it would be amazing if someone would make an collectible card MMO based on MMA. I’ve been waiting patiently for something like that to come out, but so far nothing.

MMA Tycoon is a fun game. It is designed to be slow, so it is a great thing to spend 5-10 minutes a day on. However, I would love to see something where I can buy, sell, and trade cards and spend hours trying to develop the perfect deck.

Just like With Authority, you could have different offensive and defensive moves and counters. Each fighter would have a specific skillset that would allow him to only perform moves that he is capable of. For example, Brock Lesnar would be unable to use a headkick card and Chuck Liddell would be unable to use a triangle choke.

Each fighter could also have a trademark move or skill that they get a bonus in. For example, Mirko Cro Cop’s headkick would have a higher chance of creating a KO than an average guy’s and Brock Lesnar is going to hit a higher percentage of his takedowns than most.

You could even make it so that some guys can compete in multiple weight classes, with a boost in strength and penalty in stamina for a guy cutting a lot of weight.

Also like With Authority, you could run weekly swiss style tournaments in each weight class with the winner getting a title shot immediately after the tournament.

sevenstarwatches

Now a days, cash on delivery service by various couriers has made it easy to buy online in Pakistan.
    Watches
    Shopping in Pakistan
    Pakistan shopping

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.